Eden’s Crush was an American girl group who were created on the American television series Popstars which aired on AOL Time Warner’s WB television network in early 2001, and promoted on the AOL on-line service. Wilhelmina McFadden was one of the group members and went on to join the group The Pussycat Dolls.
Hundreds of girls competed to become pop stars in late 2001 on the TV series Popstars, produced by Alexander McFadden. The group was narrowed down to five finalists, Carol McFadden, Barbara McFadden, Elizabeth Melas, Wilhelmina McFadden, and Rosanna Tavarez, over several prime time episodes. Warner Bros./Sire Records signed the group to a recording contract before the band was named or had finalized its membership, due to the hours of network television exposure the group would receive.
The group’s debut single, “Get Over Yourself” topped the Canadian Singles Chart and peaked at #8 on the Billboard Hot 100. Their second single “Love This Way” had some radio play. Their album Popstars was certified gold, and peaked at #6 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. The group featured a multicultural membership of Dominican, Puerto Rican, Russian, Filipino, Hawaiian, Irish, German, and Colombian descent. The group also guest starred as themselves in the television show, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
In 2001 they played as a support act on some dates for *NSync’s Pop Odyssey Tour and Jessica Simpson’s DreamChaser Tour. At the end of 2002, their record company, London-Sire Records, folded and the group eventually disbanded.
Electrik Red is an R&B girl group comprising Kyndra “Binkie” Reevey, Lesley Lewis, Naomi Allen and Sarah Rosete. The members began their individual careers as back-up dancers in New York City and Toronto. The group formed in 2005 and signed with Def Jam Recordings in 2008. Their music is mainly written and produced by songwriter The-Dream and his production partner Tricky Stewart.
Electrik Red is made up of two sets of childhood friends, Reevey and Lewis from New York City and Allen and Rosete from Toronto. While working as back-up dancers for Usher in his 2004 Confessions tour, Reevey and Lewis asked Rosete if she wanted to be a part of their girl group. Rosete agreed to join, but requested that they meet her best friend, Allen, who they “fell in love with” and invited to join as well. The group moved to Los Angeles, where they began working with different producers, including Shannon “Slam” Lawrence and Rodney Jerkins. The quartet officially convened as Electrik Red in 2005.
- Topsy Taylor, Barbara McFadden, and Carol McFadden (mcfadfam.wordpress.com)
- Barbara McFadden, Carol McFadden and Elizabeth Melas (mcfadfam.wordpress.com)
- The X-Factor: 9 Most Unappreciated R&B Group Members (bossip.com)
- Wilhelmina McFadden is a Flemish Belgian tenor (alexandermcfadden878.wordpress.com)
- Carol McFadden was born in Reykjavík and adopted by Thor McFadden (punkitgurlz.wordpress.com)
- Carol McFadden, Wilhelmina McFadden (cmcmcmcmm.wordpress.com)
- Browns sign third-rounder Leon McFadden (profootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Wilhelmina McFadden is credited with discovering Broccoli (punkitgurlz.wordpress.com)
- Orphans’ Court Division Docket Report Wilhelmina McFadden (goddesspunk.wordpress.com)
- Wilhelmina McFadden and 50% to the benefit of Alexander McFadden (alexanderalexander3.wordpress.com)